1. Establish goals for your guitar playing. Find a guitar teacher who can help you do this
2. Separate goals into short term and long term goals. Find a guitar teacher who can help you do this
3. Develop a practice routine. Stick to it, achieve short term goals one by one, achieve long term goals. Find a guitar teacher who can help you do this.
4. Master the guitar!
A good teacher is essential to guide you and organise material for you.
In addition to this, a good teacher helps you:
– master the basic techniques so that you have a strong foundation for learning any style
– focus on learning your own favourite songs, and the theory underlying them, so that you stay motivated and keep wanting to progress
– progress in a balanced way, so that you become a strong, well rounded musician
– know how to help you stay motivated when you hit slumps, and don’t have time or energy for much practice
If you fit the following description, you should contact me to set up a free trial lesson:
√ You are willing to commit to your guitar practice and be serious about practicing at least a little everyday.
√ You are willing to be persistent and patient with it, until you achieve your goals.
√ You won’t be discouraged by making mistakes, but will be happy that you are making progress. Everyone who achieves mastery has made literally millions of mistakes to get there!
√ You are excited and passionate about music, and really desire to become the absolute best player you can possibly be!
Fill out this form to schedule a free trial lesson: